July 27, 2008

A Day at the Cabin

This is my families cabin. My dad and brothers built it themselves around 18 years ago. I even hammered a few nails in it myself. Way to go, Me!!! It is such a relaxing place to go. It's high in the mountains, and we can't just get there in any car. I had to park my van and we all piled into my dad's truck to make it the last mile or so. My dad has named a few spots near the cabin. We call this Doolittle Forest. I think it is named after a painter that hides pictures (like horses or indians), with in her pictures.
Just below the cabin, we saw this deer. And we also saw another one that still had its spots.
If you look close, here are 2 more deer we saw on the way out, along with the wild flowers.
The evening sun shining through the Aspen Trees.
Here is my cute dad enjoying the peace. But Mishae was sick that day and layed on that couch most of the day. The poor girl.
Some of the grandkids that go up more often then we do, have made this really cool tree house. Here is Ashlin and Korban putting flowers on the table.
We went up with my sister and her family. Here are all the kids eating on the front porch.
There are so many different wild flowers up there. It is absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't show the true beauty.

Here is my mom studying all the different types of flowers.




It was also Bryer's birthday, so we celebrated it up at the cabin. I think he really enjoyed his birthday. ( except his dad was not there. )


The cabin is always a great place to go and forget about your troubles and worries about the everyday life. I hadn't been there for quite a while, and almost forgot how wonderful it is. It was great to get up their again.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It is so pretty up there! I love the peacefulness of it. I want to go back some day, hint, hint:-).
I like your flower pics, great photography.

MerriLynns music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Our Seattle Adventures