September 10, 2010

Almost caught up (August 2010)

I started this month off with some organization.  As some of you may know, I live in a pretty small house.  3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 8 people living in this small house.  So I have to come up with ways to stay organized and live small.  Well, we have SO many movies!  And these movies were taking up 6 shelves on my book case.  With school just around the corner, I thought I better get the books out of storage.  So I found this case, and started my organizing.  I fit 200 DVD’s in this case.  They are grouped into genres, and then alphabetized.  I am now in the process of cutting out the labels and putting them with the movies.  I also have a page at the front with all the movies listed.  The best part is, I can take the whole thing with us on long trips.  Now I just need another one to finish off the other half of the movies.  

August

This was a last minute trip up to the family cabin.  It is so peaceful up there, with no worries.  We invited some friends, (more like convinced) them to go.  You guys are awesome to go at the last minute, and to drive 3 hours for one night.  But it was well worth it.  Look at how beautiful this place is!

Cabin

Here is an activity we have done a couple times now.  Ultimate Frisbee.  It’s fun and  gets us out of the house.

frisbee golf

Here is another trip we took.  St. George  Chad’s uncle was moving, so we went down to help and in return he took us to the Tuacahn theater and we saw “Crazy for you”.   (Ray, you look so thrilled to be here!)

St4

Amongst the moving of boxes, we got to play a bit.  This is at Quail Lake.  I even got in, and it wasn’t that cold, (well, after the first shock it wasn’t). 

St3

A splash pad the kids had a blast at.  It helped with that Southern Utah heat.  104 is way too hot for me!  Even where the side walk was wet, it was still too hot to walk on. 

St

Here is Jacob Hamblin’s Home below!  The sister missionary that gave us a tour was very good.  My two little boys even sat and listened to the history.  Now that is good!

St1

Another splash pad!  St2

And that is the end of our St. George trip.

To finish off this month, we had our dear sweet Ashlins Birthday.  She is now nine, and just as sweet as ever.  I wish we could have given her what she really wanted.  A Zorb ball.  But she was happy with a Bible to add to her Book of Mormon, a scripture case and some clothes. 

Ashlin's Birthdya

So now you’ve seen our summer.  Never a DULL moment!

No comments:

MerriLynns music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Our Seattle Adventures